• Advertisement

GoDaddy

Here you can see who the affiliate sites are and why they are here in rotating banner ads.

GoDaddy

Postby Tux_Rules » Jun 26th, '12, 03:51

GoDaddy is kind of new to me...I had started my first domain/website June of 2005 as there was a need for the phpBB modification "helper" for the Attachment MOD for the 2.0 series of their forum software. The author was involved in more than just the attachment MOD, so support for it's installation and updates for the newer phpBB were not always up to speed, so I did step up to help and created my own support forum just for that, and it worked for a few months. The problem was me moving to the midnight shift and the oncoming of phpBB 3.0 which has the Attachment MOD built in...anyway, I had found the site www.afmu.com and signed up and bought the tuxrules.com domain. All went well for the first 5 and a half years (well, June of 05 til Dec of 11), in which afmu.com had their WHMCS billing software compromised, and by May of 2012, they still had not recovered, and have now been bought by someone else, Arvixe. So, I went on the hunt for another hosting company and found GoDaddy.com. So far, the prices and features have been comparable, and the price for domain purchase and renewal are a bit less. I am believing that this is a good company as another forum I visit uses them and they have had excellent uptime, especially considering the size of the forum. So, in short, if you are looking for your own hosting service or looking to get away from something like afmu.com, click on a GoDaddy banner ad...I believe you will not be disappointed!
Tux_Rules
Site Admin

Advertisement

Arvixe - Your Web Presence in Check

Return to Rotating Ads